Some fat in your diet is a good thing. Fats are required for a lot of the body's basic processes. Children and pregnant women especially require sufficient fat for the healthy development of mind and body. Other benefits of fats:
- Efficiently provide calories for energy
- Required to support cell growth
- Help protect the body's organs and keep the body warm
- Help the body absorb some nutrients (including vitamins A, D, E, and K)
- Needed for the production of important hormones
Article is closed for comments.